May 22, 2014

Almost...

The idea to abandon social media appeals to me. It also frightens me.
What if they forget?
My cyber friends. The people that "like" my "stuff".
The people that tell me I'm doing a great job.
The people that validate me? 
Will I be missed?
Am I going to lose something I've valued? Old friends from high school that remember me as a young, hell raising, singing, love-sick, skinny, loud mouthed, teenager...will they forget that I'm now an old, he'll raising, singing, mothering, not so skinny, slightly quieter, grown up with whom they feel connected?
Some weren't even really friends, more like acquaintances. I feel like we're truly friends now.
Connected. 
There have been sacrifices. That's true. 
I am going to do it. I'm going to black out and hope that everyone comes here, to the blog.
I love the connection. 
I'm struggling.
I'm taking the leap on Monday. That will be the first of the hundred day respite.
I'll still be here.
Please don't forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment