Jul 25, 2015

Beautiful things.

This week I plan to occupy my mind with beautiful things. 
The ocean. The family. The historic city of Charleston and it's charms.
Good food. 
Relaxation. Conversations and laughter.
Technology plays a part. Browsing Pinterest or searching Instagram for people with interests similar to mine. Pretty things.
Interesting things.
My books include Gift from the Sea, by Anne Morrow Lindbergh. I've carried and notated in this copy on every beach trip since 1999. I take it to the sand and think about how things change and stay the same while I read the prose that speak to me as my best self. I would aspire to simplify as the author describes.
Big Sur, by Jack Kerouac. Just because it's Kerouac and Lucas gave the book to me.
Eat, Pray, Love, by Elizabeth Gilbert because she writes as if she is looking in my eyes over coffee talking about the deepest connections between real people. I don't get much of that in real life. 
I also grabbed Diane Keaton's Autobiography and threw it in my bag. I love autobiographies. I try to read one every summer. 
I'm planning to use up each of my 7, 24 hour chunks of time to be immersed in things that inspire me.

We arrive at our Beach House by 4:00 today and I'll get my toes in the sand and my eyes on the horizon. I love summer vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment