Apr 28, 2009

Room Helper

Rosey started talking about the "jobs" at her Mother's Morning Out today on the way home from taking the kids to school.
"I hope I'm Room Helper today."
"What's that?"
"When the lights are off, you turn them on, and just do everything in the room".
"What's your favorite job?"
"Line Leader, and Snack Helper. I like the jobs that last all day, like Door Holder".

I realized that this is when the Mothering begins. Either you like it, or you don't.
Rosey likes the idea of being room helper because she likes to "do". She'll do anything you need her to do, gladly, and offer to help with everything.

I'm Room Helper, Line Leader, Door Holder, and Snack Helper, today. David is out of town. I usually share the jobs, like in the Pre-school that Rosey attends, but somedays, Mothers are all those jobs and more. In my case, I share the load with a very capable Father, but some parents aren't good "helpers"...I wonder if they didn't like the jobs in Pre-school. Rosey talks about these jobs often and the responsiblities that go along with the assignments. I always ask her favorite and she always says "Line Leader" first.
Be careful what you wish for Little One~

No comments:

Post a Comment