May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

Mother's Day Loaded with created expectation for a celebration by virtue of a Title. Mother's Day for me occurs four times a year. March 2. July 7. May 23. September 30. We celebrate the births of my children and I celebrate the moment that we met. The moment I first held them in my arms and we looked into each other's eyes. Sacred. We went to Brunch last Sunday. I love Brunch. David sent flowers to my office this week, but the card read "Just Because." Today I will lay my eyes on my four children and my bonus daughter because it's Sunday. It's customary to spend our Sunday evenings together when we can. I will look at each of their faces and remember that first moment when I introduced myself and made the promise to love them forever. They don't make a greeting card for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment