Mar 31, 2009

All Good Things...

...come to an end. Funny Girl is over.

I have lived a childhood dream. How many people get that chance?

To my castmates, I say bravo. There has rarely been such unwavering support for an actor in the local theatre community. I know that because I'm usually backstage listening to the chatter.
I couldn't have begun to play this role if every single person hadn't been onboard.
Thank You, everyone.

To my Nicky, there is no way to thank someone for what you gave me. You were the perfect Nick Arnstein for my Fanny Brice. The comfort that I feel with you, personally allowed me to push Fanny to truly let down her guard and fall in love.
What a gift to have you looking out for me(Cheryl) to make sure that my(Fanny) was able to shine. Pushing me and pulling me into the light...turning me ever so gently to face away from you, things that only an experienced Leading Man could have or would have done. I will love you always.

To my director, trusting my inexperience with a role as large and important as Fanny Brice was one of the greatest leaps of faith that I have ever witnessed. Of course I know, as your friend, that faith was exactly what allowed you to do it. There is much to be said about a friendship like ours. I felt the encouragement that was cloaked in criticism because I knew what you expected. If I hit the mark even once or twice, I hope that you were proud. I only regret that it is over just as I feel that I hit my stride.

To my family, the support was unbelievable. My husband never raised an eyebrow about the piles of laundry, the lack of groceries, the exhaustion of the past two weeks as we prepared to open the show. My children were so unbelievably proud of me that it wouldn't have mattered if another person in the audience applauded. The love of my family near and far has carried me always and continues to do so.

To the City of Fountain in, which is what I call Van Broad and his staff, which is what I call Dee-Dee and June Broad...Thank you for giving me a place to bring Fanny Brice back to life the way I felt she should be. Thank you for giving a home to a dream of Anita's and mine, and believing that Theatre is important. Again...Faith.
Fanny will live in my heart forever as will the memories of the outpouring of love that was showered upon me. I hope that she would be proud of the tribute I paid her this weekend. Unfortunately, I'll never know.

I'll continue to BLOG. Funny Girl was the catalyst, but I feel like I might have more to share.
Here's to Songs For A New World...Another opportunity to change people's lives through Theatre.
Off we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment