Mar 1, 2009

Miscellaneous

I've never understood complaints about long rehearsals. I am not usually a cast member, but I've always thought that long rehearsals would make things make more sense. I like that about FIRE. Long Saturday Rehearsals give a nice perspective about where the show is going and how it's shaping up.
That's how it is from my usual perspective as Production Assistant. I felt the same way yesterday, as a cast member.
The only down side for the long Saturdays is the number of people with conflicts on the weekends.
I've noticed, over my years as a "behind the scenes" contributor that most ensemble members don't have much of a sense of urgency about the show, so that trickles in when they are prioritizing. The advantage to a short production schedule is that we will be heading toward tech week soon and then everyone really pulls together.
Today is March 1.
WOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment