Mar 2, 2009

Sacred Days

In a person's life, there are many Sacred Days. There are Anniversaries of the Heart that we celebrate, silently.
Today is a Sacred Day.
Today is Zachary Thomas Pelicano's Birthday.
The Anniversary of the day I became a Mother. A Mother. When I saw him, I didn't know what that meant, to be a mother. After twenty-two years, I know that being a mother is re-learned many times in one's life.
I know that it is what I was put on earth to do. I am Zachary's mother.
I am Regan, Lucas, and Rosey's mother too, but I was Zachary's mother first.
The moment I became who I was meant to be, it was with the miracle of the birth of that boy.
My son.
I haven't celebrated a birthday with Zachary in years. That is why this day is celebrated in my heart more than "out loud" like I celebrate most other things.

Happy Birthday to the divine creature who was gifted to me twenty-two years ago today. In a silent prayer, I will request that he be safe, healthy and content.
I know that God has a plan for Zachary and I try each day to trust that plan will come true. It's not always easy, but it's what mother's do.

No comments:

Post a Comment