Jun 2, 2011

Morning Coffee

Maybe the morning is better for blogging. I have a few minutes on a day like today when David has gone over to the office and the kids are still in bed.
Let's try it...
It is officially summer in the Pelicano House at 420 Rochester Road. School is over and I use the term "School" loosely. We "attended" South Carolina Connections Academy this year and everyone got what they needed academically, but it was not an optimum situation for children who are being raised the way I am trying to raise these kids. I hope to raise citizens of the world and this was not the way to do it. That being said, I learned a lot about myself, and the kids.
My kids are brilliant, beautiful, multi-dimensional people and they are to be shared with the world, not holed up in a house "learning". There is only so much one can learn in isolation.
The Fall will bring changes to the Pelicano family that have yet to be defined, but I know they'll be exciting and huge...
Rosey is awake now with $5 that the Tooth Fairy left. She's down three teeth now and is starting to worry about nutrition as the ability to chew becomes more limited. The two front teeth missing have totally changed the way I prepare her sandwiches. I chop the cold cuts up before I put them between the bread so she doesn't have to "chew" through. A little chopped salami made all the difference.
So the quiet blog time has ended as the barrage of questions begins...what are we doing today? Are you going out tonight? What's for dinner? Where's Dad?
Happy Thursday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment