Jun 11, 2011

Reformatting

We're counting down to our Summer Vacation.  I decided to lighten up the look of this little Blog, and that goes with my latest life theme of lightening up.  I'm trying to lighten up in every way.
It began with turning off Facebook and that gave me free time with less clutter in my mind.  It really isn't important to know everyone's "status"...people write what they want you to read, and I am trying to eliminate anything that isn't "real".
I feel lighter...I feel like I can indulge in an hour or two in my art room with Rosey, or Regan or both and just journal or create on canvas. 
I take some time out each day to consider the upcoming Season at F.I.R.E.  I look over my scripts, and my notes and think about how I will attack the many things that are in store for me to help the Company move forward in a way that is true to our mission.  That doesn't require being plugged in to what people are saying on Facebook, and as a result of signing off, I'm less distracted.
The pool is open and the girls start Summer Camp on Monday.  I have a few things that I need to get done before we leave for our vacation at the end of the month, so I'm taking time to do them, and trying not to put things off.
AND THEN THERE'S THE CASEY ANTHONY TRIAL...
I watch it like I am one of the expert commentators and that I may be called upon at any moment to be on air at In Session.
I have it on in the background all day when I'm home and I watch recaps at night when I can sneak away.  It is an obsession.
I am totally able to do two things at once, and I know that by the very nature of the media, I can't really miss anything that I can't catch up on later, but the thing has me mesmerized.
Why?  What is it about the macabre story of evil that keeps me tuned in? I am fascinated by the human condition in all it's forms. Is this so against nature, a mother accused of murdering her child? It makes me consider the absolute boundless love that I have for my children a gift.  It is not something that automatically occurs by virtue of giving birth.  Maybe that's why I feel so free to "mother" other people's children in the context of mentoring them at the theatre, when it's appropriate.  I am blessed with the gift of "motherhood".

No comments:

Post a Comment