Jan 3, 2009

I totally stole this quote from a Blog that I regularly read but I always steal quotes. I credit them to whomever they're attributed to, but I collect them. I'll be sharing a lot of quotes.

" Language does have the power to change reality. Therefore, treat your words as the mighty instruments they are - to heal, to bring into being, to remove, as if by magic, the terrible violations of childhood, to nurture, to cherish, to bless, to forgive - to create from the whole cloth of your soul, true love." ~ Daphne Rose Kingman

I intend to be more impeccable with my words this year. They're powerful. I see the way they affect my children. They listen to me. Sometimes what I say isn't worthy of their attention, yet they listen. They don't always obey, but they listen.

What does this have to do with me being in Funny Girl? (I know that's what you're thinking.)
It has everything to do with being in Theatre and treating each other with kindness and love.
A loving environment makes for a safe place to explore what you're really capable of.
Theatre people aren't known for treating each other kindly, and that is something I'd like to see change.

No comments:

Post a Comment