Jan 2, 2009

She's really doing what, you ask? She's really going to portray Fanny Brice in Funny Girl...
Who cares if she's way to old or that she talks about herself in the third person...
I just stopped doing that, by the way.
So I've been considering a Blog, and this is a story that I think I'll have fun telling, so here we go.
Follow my adventure as I play the only role I've ever really dreamed of playing.
I'll begin rehearsal with a read-thru on Monday night, January 5th, then it is off to the races.
I should probably tell you a little bit about how this came about.
I belong to a Repertory Acting Company in Fountain Inn, South Carolina. I am also the Resident Production Assistant and Business Manager for our organization.
Because of the devotion of my friend and mentor, Anita Sleeman(Executive Artistic Director) when we started F.I.R.E. (Fountain Inn Repertory Experience) she chose Funny Girl for our Premiere Season, partly to shut me up and partly to make an old ladies dream come true. Theatre People are all about that kind of stuff. So, the decision was made and I have this script and now I have the orchestra book, and I guess that I'm really going to go through with this.
I know most of my cast mates and I love them. We are a group of crazies that have become a family in the past eight months during our productions of High School Musical 2, Godspell, Zombie Prom and Christmas by the F.I.R.E. Funny Girl will be presented in March...Forty Five Years to the Day that it opened on Broadway with Ms. Streisand in the Title Role. That's to the day if you count that it's the same Friday in March...the acutal Calendar date is off by one digit.
I added that bit of info because I know that there are Streisand fans that know the actual date and would say I lied, I didn't lie, I'm just looking at the Friday angle because it makes a better story.
This is the inaugural post of this blog. I chose today because it's January 2nd and I wanted to Blog this year and I'm doing it. (One resolution down!)
I hope you'll read on if you're interested in how a production like this comes together and what it's like to be the person who has an opportunity to make a dream come true.
Blessed is what I am and I hope that the blessings extend to everyone who is associated with this show.

No comments:

Post a Comment