Jan 11, 2009

Just when you think you're doing something...

you hear the words, tumor...surgery...pathology...and they're not referring to you, they're referring to your four year old treasure named Rosey. Of course those of you who know me, know that I've already heard those words and I dealt with them on the condition that I didn't have to watch my children suffer. What happened to the deal I struck???
My youngest daughter Rosemary had a tumor removed from her belly on Tuesday. By all accounts, it was as big as a coconut. That defies logic, but it's true.
The final pathology wasn't what David and I were hoping for so follow up with Hematology/Oncologists are on the schedule for Wednesday this week.
The latest pact between my husband and I is that we can not look at each other and say "Can you believe this?" any more than once an hour and we must take turns saying it, because it's not fair for only one of us to get to say it every hour.
As we learned back when I had Cancer is that life does go on. You might not know what's around the corner, but life is certainly going on.
We'll be okay, because that's the family that we are. We have support from friends that is undeserved and yet never wavers, so we'll continue to sneak by on the belief that everything will be okay, because we've never been proven wrong in that belief.
Another story to tell about the year that I was Fanny Brice will be the story of the coconut tumor in Rosey's belly and how we kicked the butt of anything that reared it's ugly head in our world. That's what we do.
Thanks to all of you who help us do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment