Jun 10, 2013

Days 7 & 8 ....She's cheating again!

Car & Outside...Two Days worth of photos in one!  My car is outside.  I know.  It's the cheap way out, but I'm behind!
We happened to buy a new vehicle last Wednesday. It is the Nissan Pathfinder, and it is quite nice.  What you have to understand is that I loved my Honda Pilot. I wasn't anxious to replace the old friend. We bought it in May of 2004 when we had to upsize for the baby that was on the way!
David & I had been married for 19 years and Zachary, our first born was a Junior in High School and Regan & Lucas were 6 years old and we were having a BABY!  I remember thinking that there was something magical about that time.  Our family was happy, and healthy and changes were abounding.
Zachary was at a Residential School for the Arts here in Greenville.  I felt like the Baby was the reward for not holding on to him as tightly as I wanted to, and allowing him to pursue his passion.  Little did I know, she was about to save my life.*
We were planning a trip to the Isle Of Palms for the first time,breaking with tradition of going to Surfside Beach.  We decided to buy the new vehicle before our trip, since we needed it in October when the baby was due.  That is how we came to buy the Honda.  It served me well and has taken the family on two Disney Trips, three New York trips and countless trips to the beaches here in SC not to mention our beautiful Mountain Cabin.  There has never been a moment of hesitation for Winter trips to those mountain roads where we have enjoyed the best Christmas Breaks and last Thanksgiving.  It has been the faithful vehicle that has gotten my children to school every school day since 2004. They have never taken a school bus, so that is no small thing.  It has been reliable and comfortable, and I will miss driving it.  We held onto it for Regan.  She will be getting her license in the near future, and she'll be the driver of that familiar old friend.  It's funny that I feel like I can trust that Honda with my daughter.  That's what happens when something never lets you down...you trust it.
The Pathfinder is quite nice.  I feel like we'll be safe and I'll be happy building a long term relationship.
We leave for the Isle Of Palms on Saturday, so we'll see how we fare as a Pathfinder family.  Shortly after the beach trip, I'll take my three remaining kids to New York. We'll take that trip with Simon and Garfunkel live in Central Park blaring as I drive and sing and they have their devices plugged in listening to their own tunes or watching their own movies.  We can listen to MSNBC on Satellite, or NPR, or the Broadway Channel.  Best of all we can listen to The Bridge or The Coffee House for variety of music that will get me "home" for my 30th Anniversary of Graduation.
So that is what "cars" mean to me.  More memories.  More adventures.  The "outside" photo...that's just rainy, lately.  Not much to post.  I'll have some Outside pictures to share from our beautiful beach vacation next week, but that's not when they're due!
_________________________________________________________
*Stay Tuned....
I'm planning to go into details about the lifesaving that I referred to earlier.  That will be a theme as I continue to share.  Make no mistake.  Rosey saved her mother's life. As you read my Blog, you'll understand more about the threads of this life that have lead to my outlook and philosophy of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment