Jun 5, 2013

OOTD & Water....Photos Day 4&5

If you know me, you know that I have a great admiration for Little Edie Beale.  She coined the phrase "The best Costume for Today" in the Classic Documentary about her life with her Mother "Grey Gardens". so I will refer to the OOTD in those words.  The Outfit of the day is, and will always be the Costume for Today, for me.  Notice a white T-shirt ... that is pretty much my "costume" in Summer.  I wear a lot of white T-shirts, and jeans.  I wear a lot of black T-shirts and jeans.  I wear a lot of sweaters and jeans when it's not too hot.  I kind of have a reliable "look" that is casual and comfortable, and rarely looks like much thought went into it.  I love fashion, and I love to dress for occasions, but most days are ordinary, and don't call for too much planning for things like "costumes".  I love to share clothes with Regan and we talk about clothes a lot. So that is the OOTD.  White T-shirt, White Summer Sweater and Brown Linen Pants that you can't see.

The photo for day 5 is Water.  I decided to use the water bottle that sits on my desk from my visit in April to my friend Jonathan Capehart, Opinion Writer for The Washington Post.  He graciously entertained the kids and I at the Famous Washington Post News Room.  We got the Cadillac Tour and a huge bag of goodies for everyone. Lucas plans to attend Columbia University for Journalism, so Jonathan was kind enough to spend time talking about the business and then he gifted Lucas with a real Reporter's Notebook.  Rosey got a Washington Post Stuffed "Reporter Dog" with a nose for news.
David got a great ball cap, and we all got shirts, water bottles, and a WP Umbrella.
I thought this photo was a great way to document the day, because I didn't have the presence of mind to get a photo of all of my children with the Pulitzer Prize Winning Journalist that happens to be a dear sweet friend that took time out of his busy day to spend time with me and my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment